CEREC Crowns and Bridges in De Pere, WI
Living with missing or damaged teeth can hurt your confidence and your oral health. Dental crowns and bridges can help to restore form and function to your smile. However, because these useful dental restorations take weeks if not months to create, they can leave you waiting for smile restoration and vulnerable to further issues.
At Fox View Dental, De Pere restorative dentist Dr. Chad Yenchesky offers CEREC crowns and bridges for patients who can’t wait to have their smiles restored. Discover how you may benefit from this instant smile restoration technology.
What Are Dental Crowns and Bridges?
Dental crowns are tooth-shaped, cap-like restorations designed to cover a natural tooth in its entirety. Dental crowns can typically be made of a multitude of materials, including gold, silver, ceramic, and porcelain. These versatile restorations have numerous purposes that Dr. Yenchesky typically recommends for situations such as:
- Repairing teeth that are damaged or decayed beyond what a filling can repair
- Restoring a tooth that has lost an old, large dental filling
- Single-tooth replacement for a dental implant
- Restoring a damaged or discolored tooth
- Strengthening a tooth treated with root canal therapy
What Are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are restorations for replacing up to four adjacent missing teeth. Made of a row of false teeth called pontics, traditional dental bridges are held in place by the healthy teeth adjacent to the gap left behind by tooth loss. Healthy adjacent teeth, called ‘anchor teeth’, hold the dental crowns on the bridge. This allows the restoration to ‘bridge the gap’ left by the lost teeth.
The Importance of Restoring Broken and Missing Teeth
- Reduced Confidence – Broken and missing teeth can negatively alter the appearance of your smile, but crowns and bridges can restore missing confidence.
- Increased Wear & Tear on Other Teeth – Damaged and missing teeth mean your remaining teeth are taking on extra work. Crowns and bridges can complete your smile and restore its functionality.
- Mesial Drift – Missing teeth make your remaining teeth more likely to drift out of place, a phenomenon known as mesial drift. Crowns and bridges prevent this from occurring to keep your smile aligned.
- Restricted Diet – Living with missing or damaged teeth means there are fewer things you can eat or drink without pain or discomfort. With dental crowns and bridges, you can enjoy all your favorite meals.
- Reduced Bite – Missing or damaged teeth also reduce your bite force. Crowns and bridges restore your bite force to its optimal strength.
What is CEREC?
CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. This modern-day dental technology utilizes CAD/CAM or computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing. Using digital impressions, Dr. Yenchesky will make a 3D model of the tooth or teeth that require repair or replacement. Alongside an in-office milling system, our restorative dentist can use that 3D model to create your CEREC crown or bridge restoration on the same day as your appointment.
Benefits of CEREC Crowns and Bridges
- Same-Day Restorations – CEREC restorations are made the same day as your appointment, usually under two hours.
- Digital Impressions – CAD/CAM technology means you can skip the goopy, bad-tasting impressions of past dental practices. We take highly accurate digital impressions that don’t taste bad or make a mess and leave no room for error.
- Lifelike Appearance – CEREC restorations are designed to blend in seamlessly with your natural smile.
- Fast Emergency Repairs – CEREC technology means Dr. Yenchesky can also repair your crown or bridge much faster than a traditional restoration.
- Durable – CEREC crowns and bridges can last up to 30 years with proper oral hygiene and regular dental exams.
- Saves Time and Money – CEREC restorations cut down on additional costs such as extra dentist appointments and temporary restorations.
- Penetrable By X-Rays – CEREC crowns can be penetrated by X-rays, so your De Pere restorative dentist can examine the natural tooth beneath.
The CEREC Restoration Process
Your initial consultation will consist of a thorough exam, including digital X-rays, a review of your medical history, and questions about your smile goals. The information Dr. Yenchesky gathers will allow him to determine if CEREC restorations are right for you. Your dentist and the dental team at Fox View Dental encourage you to ask any questions you may have during this time. We can also offer sedation dentistry to patients who are feeling nervous or in for a long procedure.
If you’ve been approved for CEREC restorations, we’ll take digital images and impressions of your smile. These digital images and impressions will be uploaded to a computer and serve as blueprints for your CEREC crown or bridge.
To prepare your teeth for your crown or bridge, we’ll apply a local anesthetic to the soft tissues around the tooth or teeth that will be altered. Then, Dr. Yenchesky will remove a small amount of enamel from these teeth, shaping them into a base that can hold your crowns.
Our in-office milling machine will craft your CEREC crown or bridge out of a block of solid ceramic. This process will take less than two hours, and a single crown may take as little as twenty minutes.
Installing Your CEREC Restoration
Once your CEREC restoration is ready for installation, Dr. Yenchesky will show it to you to make sure it’s to your liking. If you approve, he’ll check the fit of the crown or bridge before securing it in place with a special dental adhesive. Once your CEREC crown or bridge is in place, you can start enjoying your new smile right away.
Visit Fox View Dental For Same-Day CEREC Restorations
Your local restorative dentist is proud to offer CEREC technology, so you can enjoy the benefits of a full, healthy smile as soon as possible. CEREC crowns and bridges are available to patients from De Pere and surrounding locations such as Allouez, Ashwaubenon, and Howard, WI.
Learn more about how same-day CEREC crowns and bridges can get your smile back on track with little wait. Contact Fox View Dental by dialing (920) 336-4201. You can also schedule an appointment online, and one of our friendly team members will get back to you shortly.