Botox® Injection Therapy in De Pere, WI
Botox® has been popular for many years as a treatment for smoothing fine lines and tightening collagen. You might be aware that this versatile option can also be used to relieve pain from migraines and TMJ issues. You may even be a regular Botox user who’s looking to switch providers or perhaps you want to discover the many benefits of this versatile injection treatment.
If you’re interested in Botox, it’s important to choose a dentist with extensive knowledge of facial anatomy and special training in the maxillofacial and oral areas, like De Pere cosmetic dentist Dr. Chad Yenchesky. At Fox View Dental, Dr. Yenchesky can safely apply Botox injection therapy to treat a wide array of cosmetic and dental issues.
What is Botox?
Botox is derived from a toxin called onabotulinumtoxinA, or botulinum. Unlike the Botulism microbe of its origins, Botox injection therapy is safe because it’s injected as opposed to ingested and professionally handled and applied in small doses.
Botox injection therapy works by targeting certain facial muscles. Upon injection, Botox is carried up into the nerves, blocking them and making your muscles incapable of contracting. This relaxes those muscles while also blocking neurotransmitters related to pain. The most common result of this effect is reduced fine lines and pain relief.
Uses & Benefits of Botox Injection Therapy
- Youthful Appearance – Botox injection therapy relaxes targeted muscles, reducing the appearance of cosmetic flaws such as:
- Crows’ feet
- Frown lines
- Bunny lines around the nose
- Low brows
- Marionette creases (lines around the mouth)
- Horizontal forehead lines or furrowed brow
- Frown lines between the eyes (“Angry 11”)
- High lip line
- Pain Relief – Botox injection therapy can be used to treat various painful conditions including migraines, bruxism (teeth grinding), and temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ).
- Versatility – Botox is a highly versatile treatment that can be used for both cosmetic and oral health reasons.
- Better Fitting Dentures – Displacement of lip muscles due to tooth loss can cause dentures to fit less securely. Botox injection therapy can train these muscles back into position to help dentures fit better.
- Quick & Simple – Botox treatment is a simple process that can be completed at Dr. Yenchesky’s De Pere dental office in one appointment. Your injections will take mere minutes and you’ll likely see results within days.
- Lasting Treatment – Botox therapy can last three to six months before you require your next round of injections.
Botox vs. Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers and Botox are not the same. Dr. Yenchesky uses Botox to treat “dynamic” wrinkles that form when you make facial expressions like raising your eyebrows, smiling, or frowning. Dermal fillers are used to fill in and minimize “static” wrinkles, which are the lines that are apparent even when your face is at rest. Dermal fillers last anywhere between six months and a year or more.
In many cases, we see patients who have both static and dynamic lines, and your De Pere cosmetic dentist may recommend that we combine Botox with filler treatments for total facial rejuvenation. When you meet with Dr. Yenchesky, he’ll evaluate your needs and personalize your treatment accordingly.
Why Choose A Dentist For Botox Injection Therapy?
If you’re a regular patient at Fox View Dental, then you’ll already know that Dr. Yenchesky is a highly experienced, skilled, and well-respected dentist who is passionate about the care his patients receive. Your De Pere cosmetic dentist completed his injection therapy training through the American Association of Facial Esthetics (AAFE). The AAFE is well known for hands-on practice with both Botox and dermal fillers. Training includes extensive information on precautions, protocols, treatments, and drafting up the ideal facial rejuvenation plan for different types of patients.
Botox Injection Therapy Process
During your initial consultation, our De Pere cosmetic dentist will provide a thorough exam, review your medical history, and ask you questions about your health and aesthetic goals. The information he gathers will help him determine your candidacy for Botox treatment and the specifics of your treatment plan. Now will be a good time to ask Dr. Yenchesky any questions you may have, including questions about sedation dentistry.
During your initial consultation, we’ll also advise you of all the possible risks associated with Botox injection therapy. While we can’t eliminate all of them, following a few simple guidelines before your Botox treatment will help minimize side effects:
- You should have no active skin infections, cold sores, rashes, or irritation in the areas we’re treating.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages 24 hours before treatment, as alcohol can thin your blood and make you more prone to bruising.
- If you’re taking Retin-A, discontinue use two days before and after Botox treatment.
- If possible, avoid anti-inflammatory medications for one week before treatment since they also thin your blood.
- If you’re getting Botox for a wedding, reunion, or another big event, be sure to plan your treatment at least two weeks in advance. This allows time for any bruising to heal and for the full effects of the injection therapy to become apparent.
If you understand and accept the risks and your dentist approves you for Botox therapy, Dr. Yenchesky will go over the problem areas with you again to ensure the right muscles in your face and neck are targeted. From there, your De Pere dentist will apply the injection to the targeted areas.
Visit De Pere Dentist Dr. Yenchesky For Injection Therapy
With Botox injection treatment, patients don’t need to deal with fine lines taking away from their appearance or with migraines and TMJ issues making day-to-day life difficult. At Fox View Dental, Dr. Yenchesky proudly offers Botox injection therapy to patients from De Pere and surrounding areas such as Allouez, Ashwaubenon, and Howard, WI.
Are you trying to reduce fine lines, improve your smile, or find relief from pain? Then contact Fox View Dental at our De Pere office by dialing (920) 336-4201. You can also schedule an appointment online, and one of our friendly team members will get back to you shortly.