What are Tooth-Colored Fillings?
Also known as composite resin fillings, tooth-colored fillings are dental restorations made from a mixture of finely ground glass-like resin particles and plastic. This mixture is the same color as the natural tooth structure, allowing fillings to seamlessly blend in.
Tooth-colored fillings provide a more aesthetically pleasing alternative to traditional metal amalgam fillings. Their natural appearance prevents unsightly “silver” fillings that can be visible when you laugh or smile.
Why Choose Fox View Dental for Tooth-Colored Fillings?
You can trust the skilled dentists at Fox View Dental to flawlessly restore your smile with natural-looking tooth-colored fillings. Here’s why patients choose Fox View Dental for all their dental fillings needs:
- Advanced Composite Materials: Fox View Dental uses the latest long-lasting, aesthetic composite resin materials to match the look of your natural teeth.
- Artistic Skill: Dr. Chad has an artistic eye and takes great care to ensure fillings mimic natural tooth shade, shape, and contours.
- Conservative Approach: Our De Pere dentist is committed to removing as little healthy tooth structure as possible while completely removing decay.
- Continuous Education: The Fox View Dental team keeps up-to-date on the latest dental techniques and materials through continuing education.
- Comfort-Focused Care: From sedation dentistry to compassionate care, Fox View Dental does everything to keep you comfortable for dental fillings and other procedures.
- Dedicated Professionals: Our De Pere dentist and his team love what they do and build friendly, trusting relationships with patients.
- New Patients Welcome: Fox View Dental happily accepts new patients looking for a trustworthy local dentist in Green Bay.
The Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings
Opting for tooth-colored fillings at Fox View Dental in De Pere offers many advantages over other filling materials. These advantages include:
- Aesthetic Appeal: Unlike silver amalgam fillings, tooth-colored fillings mimic the natural color of your teeth, providing a visually pleasing result.
- Preservation of Tooth Structure: Composite fillings bond directly to the tooth, requiring less removal of healthy tooth structure compared to amalgam fillings.
- Durability: With proper care, tooth-colored fillings have proven to be as durable as traditional amalgam fillings.
- Reduced Sensitivity: These fillings are less sensitive to temperature changes, ensuring a comfortable experience.
- Mercury-Free: Unlike amalgam fillings, tooth-colored fillings do not contain mercury, addressing concerns about potential health risks.
Tooth-Colored Filling Process at Fox View Dental
Receiving tooth-colored fillings at Fox View Dental is simple and comfortable. It generally involves just one appointment, including the following steps:
Dr. Yenchesky will numb the area around the tooth to ensure you remain comfortable throughout the procedure.
Our De Pere dentist will remove any decay and shape the tooth to allow proper insertion of the filling material. Dr. Chad takes care to remove as little of your natural tooth as possible.
Applying the Composite
Dr. Yenchesky will insert the tooth-colored composite in layers, using a special dental curing light to harden the material. The layers are shaped and polished to match the natural contours of your tooth anatomy.
Finishing and Polishing
For a smooth finished look, Dr. Yenchesky will carefully shape and polish the composite filling. This step gives the filling luster comparable to natural tooth enamel.
Before you leave, Dr. Chad will take one last look to ensure the tooth-colored filling matches your tooth shade and contours with the rest of your smile. You’ll leave our office that day with a healthy tooth that you can trust.