Type “top dentist 54115” into your Google search box, and there will be no shortage of dental practices that pop up. But you don’t want to base your decision on a dentist for your family based on the results of a search engine. You don’t just want a good dentist—you want a great dentist.
Let’s take a look at some tips to make sure you find just that for your family.
Tip #1—Ask for Recommendations
Friends, family members, and work colleagues probably have their favorite dentists. Ask them who they would recommend—and why.
Put together a list of recommendations—and then dig a bit deeper.
Tip #2—Do Your Due Diligence
The first thing to do is to check out the dental practice websites from your list of recommendations. There are some things to consider here:
- Location. Is the practice conveniently located to home, work, or school? You are more likely to keep your appointments if the practice is in the right spot.
- Insurance. If you have it, does the practice take it?
- Payment. Find out what kind of payment options are available, and whether they offer third-party financing, which you might need for complex dental treatment.
- Emergencies. Will you be seen same day if you have a dental emergency? Is there an after-hours number to call just in case something happens outside normal office hours.
- Specifics. If you have a particularly anxious family member, find out how the dentist and his or her team handle this. If you or a family member have any other specifics, it’s time to find out how those will be dealt with by the practice.
- Philosophy. Take a look through the dentist’s website. Does their philosophy seem to match up with yours? Are you looking for a more holistic approach? Do you want a dentist that has a spa-like atmosphere? The website should be able to give you an idea.
Our Green Bay Dental Office Can Help
Finding a top dentist in 54115 who is a great fit for your family can mean all the difference between finding a good dentist versus a great dentist! Do you have questions for us? Be sure to give us a call!